Protect yourself from skimming and other threats at the ATM with these tips:
ATM Safety Tips
- Commit your PIN to memory and never share your PIN.
- As you approach an ATM, be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid standalone or unusual-looking ATMs; choose one in well-lit, public or highly populated areas.
- If you believe an ATM appears suspicious or has been tampered with, donít use it. Report it to the ATM owner or the police right away.
- Remove the cash quickly from the ATM and secure it out of public view.
- Be sure to remove your card from the ATM after conducting a transaction.
- Immediately report a lost or stolen card to the bank.
Walk-Up ATM Safety Tips
- Have your card ready when you approach the ATM.
- Wait until previous customers have finished their transactions.
- Shield the keyboard with your hand or body as you enter your PIN and be aware of anyone standing too close.
Drive-Up ATM Safety Tips
- Pull up close to the ATM.
- Remain in your car with doors locked and other windows closed.
- Keep your car running while operating the ATM.