Revised May 2020
Alpine Bank (“Alpine Bank,” “we,” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Online Privacy Statement describes the types of information we may collect from you when you visit www.alpinebank.com or use our other online applications, products and services that include an authorized link to this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Services”), how we use the information we collect, with whom we share it, how we protect it, and the choices we offer you regarding our collection and use of such information.
By accessing this website or using our Services, you agree to the information collected and practices described in this Privacy Statement.
For more information about privacy of consumer financial information provided when you apply for or obtain a product or service, you may review our Alpine Bank Privacy Notice disclosure .
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you register for an account, access certain features or content; and
- Our service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
The personal information we collect about you includes:
- Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number;
- Demographic information, such as age, date of birth, gender, job information, and postal code;
- Location information, such as your zip code or IP address;
- Login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers;
- Personal identification numbers, such as Social Security number and driver’s license number or other ID number;
- Payment and financial details, such as payment card number, expiration date, authentication code, billing address, and bank account number; and
- Device attributes and identifiers that help us recognize you through the devices you use to access our services.
Information Collected from your Mobile Device
In addition, if you access and use the Services on a mobile device and your mobile device’s settings allow it, we may collect information about your real-time location. Please see the “Your Choices” section below for information regarding how to limit the location information that we may collect when you access and use the Services on a mobile device.
Information Collected Through your Use of the Services
The types of cookies we use are:
Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Performance cookies: these cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
Advertising and Targeting Cookies: these cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They are used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not directly store personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social Media Cookies: these cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They can track your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This impacts the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
We may also use third-party tools to deliver advertisements or monitor activities on our own website, including analytics tools (such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel), that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic.
The online and mobile activity information we may collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor); and
- Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
The information we automatically collect helps us to improve and personalize our Services, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users. To the extent that we pair any of this automatically-collected information with your personal information, we will treat it in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Information Collected Through your Use of our Social Media Pages
Alpine Bank has official pages on social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram, which enable both customers and prospective customers to discuss experiences and understand about products and services. When you access social media pages managed by Alpine Bank, we may collect personal information and information about your activity on these pages. We may use personal information collected through our social media pages to assist in verifying your identity and account status. Additionally, we may combine this online information with information collected from offline sources, or information we already have. If you engage in social media, the information we collect may include:
- Personally identifiable information such as name, username, and email address when available through promotional contest form, survey, advertisement response, public post, response or comment, or private message;
- Information you provide through social media partner interactions, but only if you choose to share with them and they in turn, share such information with us;
- Engagement information such as your likes, interests, preferences and feedback; and
- Publicly posted content (such as pictures, comments, suggestions, opinions, complaints or personal information).
Alpine Bank strongly recommends that you never include sensitive personal, financial or other confidential information such as Social Security number, account number, phone number, mailing address or email address when posting or commenting online. Given the public nature of social media, it is critical that you safeguard confidential and financial information. Any posts you make on our official social media pages – including posts that contain pictures, comments, suggestions, complaints or personal information – are available to others who use those pages and are subject to the policies of the companies that operate the websites on which they appear. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, statements, and practices of these companies. This Privacy Statement only governs information collected on the Services. Please refer to the policies of those companies to better understand your rights and obligations with regard to such posts. You are also subject to this Privacy Statement and any social media guidelines when you visit our official social media pages.
We may contract with third parties to maintain and monitor the bank’s social media channels. Any information you submit to us, including personal information, may be placed and stored on a computer server maintained by this third party.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. Our Website does not support DNT codes.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Determine what Services are available to you, such as when we collect your zip code in connection with our Open an Account form.
- Verify your identity and recognize the devices you use to access the Services;
- Process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Services, and provide you with products and services you request;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Maintain a record of your transactions using the Services;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotions;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies, including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transactions conducted using the Services;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information about you:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Alpine Bank, users of the Services, or others;
- With your consent.
When we sell or transfer a loan that we originate, your personal information will be transferred along with the loan documentation.
For more information, please see our Alpine Bank Privacy Notice disclosure .
We also reserve the right to transfer your personal information to a buyer or other transferee in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale, or other transfer of some or all of our assets. Should such a sale, merger, or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. You will know that information is encrypted on our website when you see "https" in the URL.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required by law. When those purposes come to an end, we shall securely delete the personal data unless the retention of the personal data is required for archiving purposes.
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services. Disabling cookies is browser specific. If you disable cookies in Microsoft Edge, for example, that will not disable cookies in Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome.
You may opt-out of Google Analytics collection by downloading the browser plugin “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on” here .
If you have received a promotional email from us, you can opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email.
If you access our Services using a mobile device, you may adjust the settings on your mobile device to allow or prevent the sharing of location information. For example, you can disable “Location” (or “Location Services” on iOS-based devices) on your mobile device to prevent sharing your location information with us. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust your mobile device settings. Please note that if you disable the sharing of location information, you may be unable to access some features of our Services that are designed for mobile devices.
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by Google Analytics by installing the Google browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
Accessing and Changing Your Information
You can review and change the personal information associated with your account by logging into your online banking account and visiting your account profile page. You may also contact our Communications Center by phone at (800) 551-6098 to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not directed to, and Alpine Bank does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact our Communications Center by phone at (800) 551-6098.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
Alpine Bank reserves the right to update or change this Privacy Statement at any time. If we make a material change to our Privacy Statement, we will provide notice to you (by email, through your account, and/or by posting on the website) that our privacy practices have changed and will provide a link to the new document. In the event we make a material change to how we use your personal information, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of such new or different use. The date this Privacy Statement was last revised is at the top of this page. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically to check for any updates or changes.
Alpine Bank is based in the State of Colorado in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or our information practices, please contact our Communications Center by phone at (800) 551-6098, or write to us using the linked contact web form here .