It's important for high school seniors to be looking for financial resources to help them with college tuition. Below are scholarship opportunities available through our partners or Alpine Bank.
J. Robert Young Scholarship
The J. Robert Young Scholarship was established in 2008 by the Executive Committee and employees of Alpine Bank to honor bank founder and chairman Bob Young on the occasion of the bank’s 35th anniversary. The scholarship is awarded to graduating seniors from public high schools in areas served by Alpine Bank.
Scholarships are based on financial need and are awarded to students seeking a business-related degree, who have a grade point average of 2.75 or above and plan to attend a college in Colorado. Two renewable scholarships of $1,000 will be awarded in 2019. Winners must maintain a 2.75 GPA in college to be eligible for renewal of the scholarship. The scholarships are administered through Western Colorado Community Foundation.
The online application is open now and must be completed by March 3, 2019 at 11:59pm MST at www.wc-cf.org.
Alpine Bank Latino-Hispanic Scholarship (Colorado Mountain College)
This scholarship program is a partnership with Colorado Mountain College (CMC). Up to 15 scholarships will be awarded in 2019 to be used towards the cost of tuition, books and fees. These scholarships are designed to promote the diversity of the CMC student body and to open doors to qualified Latino high school graduates in the community for a college education. This scholarship will award $2,200 a year for two years. Second-year students will receive scholarship continuance upon proof of satisfactory academic standing. The application deadline is March 1, 2019. In order to be eligible, you must:
- Be of Hispanic or Latino descent.
- Be a graduating high school senior from Aspen, Basalt, Roaring Fork, Bridges, Glenwood Springs, Yampah Mountain, Coal Ridge, Rifle, Eagle Valley, Battle Mountain, Grand Valley, Red Canyon, Snowy Peaks, Summit or Steamboat Springs high schools.
- Have a minimum of 2.5 cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) and demonstrate scholastic ability to maintain a minimum college GPA of 2.5.
- Have applied to Colorado Mountain College to commence full-time studies in the next fall semester.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be classified as an in-district student, for tuition purposes, at Colorado Mountain College.
Students interested in this scholarship can view requirements and access the online application at http://coloradomtn.edu/admissions/scholarships/ and then click on the "Search/Apply for Scholarships" button.
Alpine Bank Latino-Hispanic Scholarship (Denver Scholarship Foundation)
This scholarship program is a partnership with the Denver Scholarship Foundation (DSF). Up to two scholarships will be awarded for the 2019-20 school year. These scholarships are designed to promote student body diversity in the colleges that partner with DSF and to open doors to a college education for qualified Denver area Latino/Hispanic high school graduates. This scholarship will award $5,000 to new scholars pursuing a bachelor’s degree to be used towards their first year of college. In order to be eligible, you must:
- Be of Hispanic or Latino descent.
- Attend a Denver Public School (DPS) high school for four consecutive years before graduation and be included in the DPS October Count for all four years.
- Graduate from a DPS high school with at least a 2.0 GPA for a certificate or Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree, or a 2.7 GPA for an associate or baccalaureate degree program.
- Demonstrate financial need via a FAFSA application or alternate demonstration of need as defined by the current DSF Scholarship Policy.
- Complete the DSF application process within one year of graduation from high school.
- Enroll in an accredited nonprofit, public or private college or university in the state of Colorado with which DSF has a partnership agreement.
Beginning February 1, 2019, students interested in this scholarship can view requirements and access the online application at https://denverscholarship.org/students/scholarships/.
Application deadline is April 1, 2019.
Independent Bankers of Colorado (IBC) Education Foundation Scholarship
The Independent Bankers of Colorado will award at least two (2) one time, one year scholarships which may be applied to the cost of tuition, fees and books at a public or private university or college, junior or community college or vocational/trade school. Payment will be made directly to the school following enrollment and after classes have begun. This is a statewide scholarship contest.
Students must be a full-time high school senior attending high school. Students must have applied to and will attend a Colorado or contiguous state public or private university or college, junior or community college or vocational/trade school.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Student must attend a public or private university or college, junior or community college or vocational/trade school in Colorado or a contiguous state to Colorado.
- Either the student or parent(s)/guardians(s) have a banking relationship at an IBC member bank or branch for at least six month.
- Application must be complete, essay typed and signed by a representative at your bank. Student must answer the essay question.
- Deadline to submit the application is Friday, March 22, 2019.
2019 High School Senior Scholarship Competition application:
Imogene Pass Run/Alpine Bank Scholarship
The Imogene Pass Run and Alpine Bank are pleased to offer the Imogene Pass Run/Alpine Bank Scholarship for graduating track and field/cross-country athletes in the San Juan region.
- Must include letter of recommendation from coach or athletic director.
- Must include statement of interest.
- The application deadline is April 19, 2019
All applications must be mailed directly to: Imogene Pass Run Scholarship Committee, c/o Alpine Bank. Attn: Andrew Karow, P.O. Box 2040, Telluride, CO 81435-2040.
Alpine Bank Montrose Scholarship (Montrose Campus of Colorado Mesa University)
Alpine Bank is pleased to offer the Alpine Bank Scholarship for part-time and full-time students attending the Montrose Campus of Colorado Mesa University.
- Must be attending the Montrose Campus of CMU.
- Shall have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- The application deadline is August 30, 2019.
The scholarship is for $1,000 and is non-renewable. All applications must be returned to: CMU Montrose Campus; 245 South Cascade Avenue; Montrose, CO 81401.
Alpine Bank College Scholarships for Colorado Cyclists
To support bicycle racing through the Colorado High School Cycling League and provide opportunities to pursue higher education in our great state, Alpine Bank is offering two $500 college scholarships to graduating high school students who will attend college in Colorado and participate in a collegiate cycling program. Scholarship applications are due by June 1, 2019. Apply online here. Funds will be distributed upon proof of enrollment and participation in the college's cycling program.