It's important for high school seniors to be looking for financial resources to help them with college tuition. Below are scholarship opportunities available through our partners or Alpine Bank.
J. Robert Young Scholarship
The J. Robert Young Scholarship was established in 2008 by the Executive Committee and employees of Alpine Bank to honor bank founder and chairman Bob Young on the occasion of the bank’s 35th anniversary. The scholarship is awarded to graduating seniors from public high schools in areas served by Alpine Bank.
Scholarships are based on financial need and are awarded to students seeking a business-related degree, who have a grade point average of 2.75 or above and plan to attend a college in Colorado. Two renewable scholarships of $1,000 will be awarded in 2017. Winners must maintain a 2.75 GPA in college to be eligible for renewal of the scholarship. The scholarships are administered through Western Colorado Community Foundation.
The online application is open now and must be completed by March 1, 2018 at 11:59pm MST at www.wc-cf.org . Paper applications will no longer be used.
Email Cecile Aday: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Alpine Bank Latino-Hispanic Scholarship (Colorado Mountain College)
This scholarship program is a partnership with Colorado Mountain College (CMC). Up to 14 scholarships will be awarded in 2017 to help cover the cost of books, tuition and fees. These scholarships are designed to promote the diversity of the CMC student body and to open doors to qualified Latino high school graduates in the community for a college education. This scholarship will award $2,200 a year for two years. Second-year students will receive scholarship continuance upon proof of satisfactory academic standing. Application deadline is March 1, 2017. In order to be eligible, you must:
- Be of a Hispanic or Latino descent.
- Be a graduating senior of Aspen, Basalt, Roaring Fork, Bridges, Glenwood Springs, Yampah Mountain, Coal Ridge, Rifle, Eagle Valley, Battle Mountain, Grand Valley, Red Canyon, Snowy Peaks High School, Summit, or Steamboat Springs High School.
- Have a minimum of 2.5 cumulative high school grade point average (GPA), and demonstrate scholastic ability to maintain a minimum college GPA of 2.5.
- Have applied to Colorado Mountain College to commence full-time studies in the next fall semester.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be classified as an in-district student, for tuition purposes, at Colorado Mountain College.
Students interested in this scholarship can view requirements and access the online application at http://coloradomtn.edu/admissions/scholarships/ and then click on the "Search/Apply for Scholarships" button.
The Independent Bankers of Colorado (IBC) Education Foundation Scholarship
The Independent Bankers of Colorado will award at least two (2) one time, one year scholarships which may be applied to the cost of tuition, fees and books at a public or private university or college, junior or community college or vocational/trade school. Payment will be made directly to the school following enrollment and after classes have begun. This is a statewide scholarship contest.
Students must be a full-time high school senior attending high school. Students must have applied to and will attend a Colorado or contiguous state public or private university or college, junior or community college or vocational/trade school.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Student must attend a public or private university or college, junior or community college or vocational/trade school in Colorado or a contiguous state to Colorado.
- Either the student or parent(s)/guardians(s) have a banking relationship at an IBC member bank or branch for at least six month.
- Application must be complete, essay typed and signed by a representative at your bank. Student must answer the essay question.
2018 High School Senior Scholarship Competition application:
Imogene Pass Run/Alpine Bank Scholarship
The Imogene Pass Run and Alpine Bank are pleased to offer the Imogene Pass Run/Alpine Bank Scholarship for graduating track and field/cross-country athletes in the San Juan region.
- Must include letter of recommendation from coach or athletic director.
- Must include statement of interest.
- The application deadline is April 27, 2018
All applications must be mailed directly to: Imogene Pass Run Scholarship Committee, c/o Alpine Bank. Attn: Andrew Karow, P.O. Box 2040, Telluride, CO 81435-2040.
Alpine Bank Montrose Scholarship (Montrose Campus of Colorado Mesa University)
Alpine Bank is pleased to offer the Alpine Bank Scholarship for part-time and full-time students attending the Montrose Campus of Colorado Mesa University.
- Must be attending the Montrose Campus of CMU.
- Shall have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- The application deadline is August 30, 2018.
The scholarship is for $1,000 and is non-renewable. All applications must be returned to: CMU Montrose Campus; 245 South Cascade Avenue; Montrose, CO 81401.